Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Jane G. Brister (1921-2011), of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, served in the Women's Army Corps (WAC) from May 1943 to December 1946 and from December 1948 to June 1965.
The Brister Papers (bulk 1945-1965) contain printed material, photographs, artifacts, scrapbooks, and an oral history interview which document her twenty-year career in the army.
Marcelle K. Fischer served in the WAC from 1942-1945.
The Marcelle Fischer Papers (bulk 1942-1946) contains artifacts, correspondence, instructional materials, military papers, newspaper clippings, and photographs which primarily document Fischer's military service.
Norma L. Harris (1918-1988) of San Francisco, California, served as a staff sergeant in the WAC (Women's Army Corps) from 1943 to 1948.
The collection contains military papers, pins and patches, programs, newsletters and newspapers from the areas where Harris served, and WAC songbooks.
Margaret Catherine Moore (1913-1975) was a Woman's College alumna, nurse and nurse educator after whom the UNCG School of Nursing building is named. The Margaret Catherine Moore Papers date from 1913 to 1982 and contain biographical material, diplomas and degrees, a high school annual, photographs, Moore's thesis from New York University, and World War II materials.
- United States. Army--Women 4
- Women and the military 4
- Women in war 4
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Military life 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Military life 2
- Women soldiers -- United States 2
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Brister, Jane Gail -- Interviews 1
- Forest Park High School (Baltimore, Md.) -- Students -- Yearbooks 1
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 1
- New Guinea -- Description and travel 1
- Nurse administrators -- Virginia 1
- Nurses -- North Carolina 1
- Nursing schools -- North Carolina -- Greensboro -- Faculty 1
- Philippines -- Description and travel 1
- Teachers -- United States 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Interviews 1
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Europe 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 3
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps 2
- Brister, Jane Gail 1
- Fischer, Marcelle K. 1
- Harris, Norma L. 1