Marcelle Fischer Collection
Scope and Contents
Printed Materials in this collection take many forms, primarily booklets, souvenirs, newspapers and newspaper clippings, event programs, certificates, and training manuals. Most of these are related to Fischer's duties in the WAC or collected by her during her time of service, and some can be found in the Oversize Series. Also included in this collection are a few artifacts, primarily uniform accessories, and a significant number of photographs of Fischer and her WAC friends.
- 1935-1961, 1990
- Majority of material found within 1935 - 1961
- Fischer, Marcelle K. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
After the war, Fischer went to work for the Railroad Retirement Board until she decided to resume her college studies and enrolled in the Sorbonne in Paris, France, in 1951. While in Europe, she began visiting flea markets, a hobby which eventually launched her into a career of dealing in antiques.
1.80 Linear Feet (4 boxes and 6 oversized folders)
Language of Materials
The Marcelle Fischer Papers (bulk 1942-1946) contains artifacts, correspondence, instructional materials, military papers, newspaper clippings, and photographs which primarily document Fischer's military service.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Fischer, Marcelle K.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Military life
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Military life
- Women in war
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence
- Women veterans -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States
- Marcelle Fischer Collection
- Archives staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note