Showing Resources: 1 - 15 of 15
Grace I. Brown served in the Army Nurse Corps in England during World War I.
Three letters from 1918 to 1919 describe some of Brown's experiences during the war. Subjects include the conditions and entertainment on her ship across the Atlantic; living conditions in camp; and food supplies and rations in England.
The collection includes handwritten correspondence written by Hancock regarding conditions and the work with aiding sick and wounded soldiers, circa 1918.
The letter is dated 14 October, 1918. O'Neill, writing from Bresse, France, describes the difficulties in finding lodging; the character of the town and people of Bresse; exchanging currency; and serving "cocoa; and coffee and soda water; ice cream and cakes" to and talking with with United States soldiers.
Two 1917 letters describe Lincoln's desire to return home in the fall of 1917 to join the U.S. Army and her fears that she will not return in time to secure a favorable post.
Nina M. H. served with the paramilitary First National Service School for Girls in 1919, during WWI, which was a program designed to train young women for service in support of the U.S. Military. Album contains 109 photographs documenting Nina's training and also a Victory Parade.
Photograph album includes over 250 photographs taken by Riedel during her Army Nurse Corps service. Included are images of soldiers and nurses at Fort Des Moines, Iowa and images of nurses, patients, buildings and wards at Camp Kerhuon, France. There are also photographs taken during her travels around France and Italy and of Riedel's return voyage back to the United States. There are also approxiamately 80 commercial photographs of France during the war.
The collection includes an oral history transcript, 14 June 2005; various photographs of Viola during her service with the United States Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service), 1943-1966; various newspaper clippings featuring Viola or military related articles, 1971, 1999-2005; letters written to Viola that honor her work and career.
The collection includes Naval Discharge and Enrollment papers, 24 September 1918-31 December 1920; 2 photographs of Rodger's United States Naval Reserve Yeomanette, 1918-1919.
This collection contains an album of photographs taken during Clara's time in the Army Nurse Corps, a copy of handwritten reminiscences, a copy of her certificate of identity from the War Department, and a medical kit.
This photograph album contains pictures predominately of one United States enlisted woman during World War I as she travels through France. There are photographs of other enlisted members as well as a captioned photograph of a ship which they likely traveled on to Scotland.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 14
- World War, 1914-1918 - Participation, Female 9
- Women in war 6
- Women veterans -- United States 6
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care 5
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 5
- United States. Army--Women 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- France 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- France 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Red Cross 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women 3
- American Red Cross 2
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Women 2
- United States. Navy -- History 2
- United States. Navy -- History -- 20th century 2
- United States. Navy -- Women 2
- United States. Navy--Women 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 2
- Czechoslovakia -- Description and travel 1
- England -- Description and travel 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- History 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Military life 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Photographs 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, Female 1
- Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency Services (WAVES) 1
- Women soldiers -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France -- Photographs 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Women--United States 1 + ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1
- Between the Covers Rare Books, Inc. (New Jersey, USA) 1
- Brown, Grace I. 1
- Huheey, Anne 1
- Lapham, Dr. Mary Emily 1