Agnes C. M. Sliter Rodgers Collection
The collection includes Naval Discharge and Enrollment papers, 24 September 1918-31 December 1920; 2 photographs of Rodger's United States Naval Reserve Yeomanette, 1918-1919.
- circa 1918 to 1920
- Sliter Rodgers, Agnes Clio Mary (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
Biographical / Historical
Agnes Clio Mary Sliter Rodgers (1896-1960), of Pensacola, Florida, served in the United States Naval Reserve as a Yeomanette during World War I.
0.21 Linear Feet (2 folders)
Language of Materials
Metadata Rights Declarations
- License: This record is made available under an Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Creative Commons license.
The condition is good.
Offensive Language Statement
The UNC Greensboro University Libraries collects, preserves, and makes accessible unique and historical materials for learning and research. The nature of historical materials is such that some material may represent positions, norms, and values that are offensive and objectionable. These materials represent the opinions and actions of their creators. By providing access to these records in our reading room and through our digital collections, we recognize that archives and rare books can play a vital role in holding those creators accountable and in helping us learn from the past.
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
Processed by Matthew McCarthy.
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- History
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Military life
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Photographs
- United States. Navy -- History
- United States. Navy -- History -- 20th century
- United States. Navy -- Women
- United States. Navy--Women
- Women and the military
- Women veterans
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1914-1918 - Participation, Female
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female
- Agnes C. M. Sliter Rodgers Collection
- Matthew McCarthy
- 2022 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives Repository
P.O. Box 26170
320 College Ave.
Greensboro NC 27402-6170 US