Patricia A. Sullivan Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains 118 boxes of material. There are files, binders, and folders related to general university operations, departmental reports, budgets, faculty leave information, athletics information, and SACS accreditation information. There are also many files related to conferences, meetings, and trips that Chancellor Sullivan went to. Box 108 also contains the daily schedule books for Chancellor Patricia Sullivan. Many files are labeled "PAS" - these are her initials (Patricia Ann Sullivan). Series 2 was acquired at a later date and all the materials date from 2006-2007.
- 1994 - 2008
- Sullivan, Patricia A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
174.60 Linear Feet (118 boxes)
Language of Materials
These are the records kept by Dr. Patricia A. Sullivan when she was the Chancellor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (1995-2008). The collection includes departmental reports, budgets, SACS accreditation information, and other records.
Materials have been maintained in the order in which they were received.
Method of Acquisition
Records were transferred from the Office of the Chancellor.
Offensive Language Statement
The UNC Greensboro University Libraries collects, preserves, and makes accessible unique and historical materials for learning and research. The nature of historical materials is such that some material may represent positions, norms, and values that are offensive and objectionable. These materials represent the opinions and actions of their creators. By providing access to these records in our reading room and through our digital collections, we recognize that archives and rare books can play a vital role in holding those creators accountable and in helping us learn from the past.
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
Preliminary inventory. Collection has not been fully processed.
- Campus planning -- North Carolina
- College presidents -- North Carolina -- History
- Curriculum planning -- North Carolina
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century
- Sullivan, Patricia A.
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Administration
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century
- University of North Carolina (System) -- History
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Administration
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Curricula
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Planning
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Sports
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Students -- Social life and customs -- 20th century
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Students -- Social life and customs -- 21st century
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Chancellor
- Patricia A. Sullivan Records
- University Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note