The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) Records
Scope and Contents
The organizational records, which date from 1965 to 2005, include administrative files, bibliographies and discographies, catalogs, conference materials, correspondence, financial records, membership records, newsletters and publications. There are also a small number of media items, including a compact disc and 5 1/4 backup disks. Gaps exist in the organizational records, particularly in the financial records, membership records, and correspondence.
- 1900 - 2007
- Other: Date acquired: 2007 July
- International Double Reed Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
Biographical or Historical Information
The International Double Reed Society is headed by a board of officers, including a president and two vice presidents.The principle office of the IDRS is located in Columbus, Ohio. The organization produces four issues of The Double Reed annually, maintains a website, and holds an annual conference. Several other national double reed societies, from Britain to Japan, are associate members of the IDRS.
148.40 Linear Feet (118 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains both musical scores and the organizational records of the International Double Reed Society.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Bassoon -- Studies and exercises
- Bassoon and piano music -- Scores and parts
- Bassoon and piano music, Arranged
- Bassoon music
- English horn -- Studies and exercises
- English horn and piano music
- English horn and piano music -- Scores and parts
- English horn and piano music, Arranged
- International Double Reed Society
- Oboe -- Studies and exercises
- Oboe and piano music -- Scores and parts
- Oboe and piano music, Arranged
- Oboe music
- The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) Records
- Patrick Dollar
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note