Eleanor Jacquelyn Davis Hall Papers
This collection contains correspondence, scrapbooks, school records, and other materials that document the life of Eleanor Jacquelyn Davis Hall. It consists primarily of letters from Davis to her husband, Ted Hall, a football player at the University of South Carolina. The collection also contains two scrapbooks, report cards, photographs, and ephemera.
- 1940 - 1957
- Hall, Eleanor Jacquelyn Davis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
After her education at Woman's College, Jacquelyn held several administrative and accounting jobs across North Carolina - including Greensboro, Wilkesboro, and Durham. Jacquelyn married Ted Hall and eventually settled in North Wilkesboro, NC, where she has been very active in local organizations and churches. She worked as the Director of Christian Education, or youth director, with the North Wilkesboro Presbyterian Church for 17 years.
1.92 Linear Feet (3 boxes.)
Language of Materials
Eleanor Jacquelyn Davis Hall was born in Wilkesboro, North Carolina. She graduated from North Wilkesboro High School in 1956 and attended the Woman’s College (now UNC Greensboro) commercial program from 1956-1957.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Business education -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Office practice -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Students
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Students -- Social life and customs
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina. Commercial Dept.
- Eleanor Jacquelyn Davis Hall Papers
- Laura Silva
- March 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note