Bessie L. Herbert Collection
Scope and Contents
- 1943 - 1944
- Herbert, Bessie L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
.20 Linear Feet (1 photograph album)
Language of Materials
Photograph album contains pictures of Bessie L. Herbert and friends in various poses during her service in the WAC in World War II. Photos were taken at Camp Grant, Illinois; Fort Sheridan, Illinois; on leave in Brookfield, Massachusetts; Springfield, Massachusetts; and downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Includes some photos of Herbert's family and many of her WAC colleagues.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Herbert, Bessie L.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Military life
- Women in war
- Women veterans -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States -- Photographs
- Bessie L. Herbert Collection
- Heath Gardner
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note