Edward Jacob Forney Papers
Scope and Contents
Among the miscellaneous items are Forney's account of typing Governor Fowles speech in 1891; an article about riding the Silver Meteor in 1939; and material regarding the accounting methods, developed by Forney, used to establish the state's budget and accounting system.
- 1902-1957 and undated
- Majority of material found within 1924 - 1948
- Forney, Edward Jacob (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical or Historical Information
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The Edward Jacob Forney Papers date from 1902 to 1957 and contain correspondence, financial documents, clippings, photographs, scrapbook material and biographical information.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Forney, Edward Jacob
- Forney, Edward Jacob -- Correspondence
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial School
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial School. Commercial Dept.
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Accounting
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Finance
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- History
- Edward Jacob Forney Papers
- archives staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note