Department of Management Records
Scope and Contents
- 1985 - 2016
- Department of Management and Marketing (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical or Historical Information
In Fall 1988, the Department changed its name to become the Department of Management and Marketing to better reflect the activities of the department and to help make communication easier with students and the general public. In the Spring of 1991, the Department held its first meeting of the "Friends of the Department". The Friends' group was composed of members of the business community, selected seniors in Management and Marketing and the Management and Marketing faculty. Its purpose was to recognize members of the business community who have supported our students and faculty and to encourage more interaction among the business community, faculty, and students.
In the Fall of 1991, Terry Mullins resigned as head of the Department. He was replaced by Bud Miles.
In 1995, the majority of the faculty voted to change the departmental name to the Department of Business Administration. This was done after it was announced that the Department of Finance would be merging with the Department of Management and Marketing in the Fall of 1995.
0.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The records of the Department of Management and Marketing contains annual reports which document the activities of the Department of Economics from 1985-1995.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Industrial management -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Management -- Study and teaching (Graduate) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Marketing -- Study and teaching (Graduate) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Marketing -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Dept. of Management
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Dept. of Management and Marketing
- Department of Management Records
- Sean Mulligan
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note