Evelyn E. Horton Collection
Scope and Contents
- 1925 - 1948
- Horton, Evelyn E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
0.40 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of correspondence, military papers, photographs, and writings by Evelyn Horton.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Cairo (Egypt) -- Description and travel
- Horton, Evelyn E.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps
- Women in war
- Women soldiers -- Massachusetts -- Correspondence
- Women veterans -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States
- Evelyn E. Horton Collection
- Jennifer Motszko
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note