Lola Forbes Chaconas Collection
The collection includes Honorable Discharge paperwork, 1944; obituary, circa 1988; Veterans Administration ID card, no date; photograph (copy), circa 1942 to 1944; khaki uniform, jacket and skirt, circa 1942 to 1944; overseas cap, circa 1944; Women's Army Corps (WAC) ribbon, circa 1944.
- circa 1942-1988
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
Biographical / Historical
Lola V. Forbes Chaconas (1920-1988) served in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) and Women's Army Corps (WAC) from 1942 to 1944. Lola Virginia Forbes Chaconas was inducted into the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps on Christmas Eve, 1942, in Richmond Virginia. Pvt. Forbes worked as a duplicating machine operator and was stationed at Ft. Bliss, Texas when she was honorably discharged in May of 1944.
3.21 Linear Feet (2 folders, Textile Box 1)
Language of Materials
Metadata Rights Declarations
- License: This record is made available under an Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Creative Commons license.
The condition is good.
Offensive Language Statement
The UNC Greensboro University Libraries collects, preserves, and makes accessible unique and historical materials for learning and research. The nature of historical materials is such that some material may represent positions, norms, and values that are offensive and objectionable. These materials represent the opinions and actions of their creators. By providing access to these records in our reading room and through our digital collections, we recognize that archives and rare books can play a vital role in holding those creators accountable and in helping us learn from the past.
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
Processed by Matthew McCarthy.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Military life
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Uniforms
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Military life
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Uniforms
- Women and the military
- Women veterans
- World War, 1939-1945
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States -- Photographs
- Lola Forbes Chaconas Collection
- Matthew McCarthy
- 2022 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note