American Red Cross
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Ruth Curtis served with the American Red Cross in the China-India-Burma theater during World War II.
Seven letters from Ruth Curtis to her family in Springfield, Massachusetts, trace her travels to India in late 1945 and early 1946.
Mary Emily Lapham (1860-1936) was a doctor known for her research with tuberculosis patients. During WWI, she traveled to Europe on a Red Cross Medical Mission.
The collection consists primarily of letters written by Mary Lapham during her time with the Red Cross. Also included are photographs, newspapers clippings, and miscellaneous materials relating to Dr. Lapham's time in Europe.
Mary Haynsworth Mathews was born in Greenville, South Carolina, in 1916. She served with the American Red Cross in England, France, and Germany from 1942 to 1946. Included in this collection are an oral history and photographs.
The collection includes printed materials; including newsletters; booklets; yearbooks; and clippings especially from her time in Korea. Also, it includes 3 scrapbooks that document McPherson's Red Cross service, 1947-1959; additional scrapbook of club service at Double Five, Osan, Korea, 1959-1960.
Mary Elizabeth Partridge (1912-1989) of Mt. Airy, North Carolina, served as a recreation supervisor for the American Red Cross from 1943 to 1971.
The collection contains correspondence, maps, patches, photographs, newspaper clippings, programs, and official documents pertaining to Partridge's service in the Red Cross.
Eleanor Kellogg Peck (1908-1996) was a volunteer pediatrician at the Hospital for Sick Children on Great Ormond Street in London from 31 October 1941-1943, and later served as a contract surgeon for the U.S. Army's Eighth Air Force beginning in 1944.
This collection consists of fifteen letters written by Peck to her family beginning a few days after her arrival in London on 31 October 1941.
- Women and the military 6
- Women in war 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 6
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- American Red Cross 2
- Women's College of the University of North Carolina Alumni and alumnae 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 2
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- Burma -- Description and travel 1
- Czechoslovakia -- Description and travel 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- India -- Description and travel 1
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Participation, Female 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Women -- United States 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, Female 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Women 1
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (U.S.) 1
- Women sailors -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1 + ∧ less