Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Included in this collection are a 2015 oral history interview, military papers, correspondence, photographs, artifacts, and uniforms. Much of the material in the collection focuses on her time in Meridian, Mississippi and Sasebo, Japan.
Denise DiBetta Mathis Champion (b. 1953) served in the United States Navy WAVES, or Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service, from 1976 to 1980 .
Paula G. Flores (b.1968), of New York, served in the United States Air Force from 1988-2008.
The Cindy Kempkes Papers date from 1979-2013 with the bulk from 1979. The majority of the items are photographs and U.S. military manuals. There is also an Ammendment to the H.R. 1960 involving the exposure of the residents of Fort McClellan to toxic chemicals.
Included in this collection are military handbooks, artifacts, and uniforms.
- Subject: United States--History--1945- X
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 2
- United States. Air Force 2
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro Alumni and alumnae 2
- Women in war 2
- Sasebo, Japan 1
- United States. Army -- Women 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- United States. Navy -- Women 1
- United States. Navy--Women 1
- Women soldiers -- United States 1
- Women veterans -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 1 + ∧ less
- Benson, Sally Ann Weeks 1
- Brossard, Nicolle (Brossard, Nicolle M.) 1
- Brune, Rachel Ann 1
- Champion, Denise DiBetta Mathis 1
- Flores, Paula G. 1