Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Doris Wofford Armenaki of Cornelia, Ga., served in the Cadet Nurse Corps and the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Included are artifacts, an oral history interview, and a photograph documenting Armenaki's service and nursing experiences.
Carrie Radnik of Montrose, Alabama, served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Collection includes oral history interview and photographs from Radnik's service with the Army Nurse Corps in Louisiana and in Australia and New Guinea in the early 1940s.
Lola H. Ryan of McGraw, New York, worked as an operating room nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.\n The collection contains approximately 120 letters and v-mail written by Lola Ryan to her parents and brother. Ryan discusses her experiences of being a nurse in basic training, the conditions in wartime France, German prisoners of war, her experiences as a wartime nurse, and her longing to return home and be discharged from the army.
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 3
- United States. Army--Women 3
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 3
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 2
- United States. Army -- Nurses -- Interviews 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- Armenaki, Doris Wofford -- Interviews 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- Radnik, Carrie, 1942-2003 -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps -- Interviews 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Faculty -- Interviews 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 3
- Armenaki, Doris Wofford (1923-2013) 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell 1
- Radnik, Carrie 1
- Ryan, Lola H. 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 1 ∧ less