Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Ruth Curtis served with the American Red Cross in the China-India-Burma theater during World War II.
Seven letters from Ruth Curtis to her family in Springfield, Massachusetts, trace her travels to India in late 1945 and early 1946.
Mary Haynsworth Mathews was born in Greenville, South Carolina, in 1916. She served with the American Red Cross in England, France, and Germany from 1942 to 1946.
Maggie V. McPherson served in the American Red Cross, U.S. Army Service Clubs, and U.S. Air Force Service Clubs from 1942-1976.
The McPherson Papers date from 1942 to 1976 and contain correspondence, printed materials, photographs, a scrapbook, and artifacts which document McPherson's tenure in military service clubs from World War II through 1976.
Mary Elizabeth Partridge (1912-1989) of Mt. Airy, North Carolina, served as a recreation supervisor for the American Red Cross from 1943 to 1971.
The collection contains correspondence, maps, patches, photographs, newspaper clippings, programs, and official documents pertaining to Partridge's service in the Red Cross.
Eleanor Kellogg Peck (1908-1996) was a volunteer pediatrician at the Hospital for Sick Children on Great Ormond Street in London from 31 October 1941-1943, and later served as a contract surgeon for the U.S. Army's Eighth Air Force beginning in 1944.
This collection consists of fifteen letters written by Peck to her family beginning a few days after her arrival in London on 31 October 1941.
- Women and the military 5
- Women in war 5
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Women's College of the University of North Carolina Alumni and alumnae 2
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Burma -- Description and travel 1
- India -- Description and travel 1
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Participation, Female 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Women -- United States 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, Female 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Women 1
- Women sailors -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 2
- Curtis, Ruth E. 1
- Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives 1
- Mathews, Mary Haynsworth 1
- McPherson, Maggie V. 1
- Partridge, Mary Elizabeth 1
- Peck, Eleanor K. 1
- Salvation Army 1
- United States. Air Force Services 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1
- United States. Army Service Forces. Special Service Division 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 1
- United States. Coast Guard. Women's Reserve 1
- United States. Marine Corps Women's Reserve 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 1
- United States. Navy Nurse Corps 1
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (U.S.) 1 ∧ less