Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Jane G. Brister (1921-2011), of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, served in the Women's Army Corps (WAC) from May 1943 to December 1946 and from December 1948 to June 1965.
The Brister Papers (bulk 1945-1965) contain printed material, photographs, artifacts, scrapbooks, and an oral history interview which document her twenty-year career in the army.
Caroline Morrison Garrett (b. 1921) of Bethel, Connecticut, served as a dietitian in the Army Medical Corps from 1944 to 1947.
The collection contains correspondence, educational materials, military records, newspaper clippings, photographs, pins and patches, publications, scrapbooks and an oral history transcript from a 2008 oral history interview.
Carrie Radnik of Montrose, Alabama, served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Collection includes oral history interview and photographs from Radnik's service with the Army Nurse Corps in Louisiana and in Australia and New Guinea in the early 1940s.
Winona Franklin Walker of South Boston, Virginia, served as a librarian with the Army Special Services in Bremen, Germany, in 1945 and 1946. The materials in this collection are primarily from Walker's time in the Army Special Services.
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Military nursing -- United States 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 2
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- Brister, Jane Gail -- Interviews 1
- Dietitians 1
- Garrett, Caroline Morrison -- Interviews 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- Librarians -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Military libraries -- Germany 1
- Radnik, Carrie, 1942-2003 -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army -- Medical care 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army -- Nurses -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Service Forces. Special Service Division -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Interviews 1
- Walker, Winona Franklin -- Interviews 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Women's College of the University of North Carolina Alumni and alumnae 1 ∧ less
- Brister, Jane Gail 1
- Garrett, Caroline Morrison 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell 1
- Radnik, Carrie 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1