Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Lola H. Ryan of McGraw, New York, worked as an operating room nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.\n The collection contains approximately 120 letters and v-mail written by Lola Ryan to her parents and brother. Ryan discusses her experiences of being a nurse in basic training, the conditions in wartime France, German prisoners of war, her experiences as a wartime nurse, and her longing to return home and be discharged from the army.
Aileen D. White served in the Army Nurse Corps in Italy during World War II.
Thirteen V-Mail letters from Lt. Aileen D. White of the Army Nurse Corps to her sister in Robbinsville, New Jersey. Dated from January 1944 to March 1944, the letters briefly describe living conditions and entertainment in an unknown location in Italy where White was stationed with the 17th General Hospital.
- Military nursing -- United States 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 2
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1 ∧ less
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell 1
- Ryan, Lola H. 1
- White, Aileen D. 1