Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Jane G. Brister (1921-2011), of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, served in the Women's Army Corps (WAC) from May 1943 to December 1946 and from December 1948 to June 1965.
The Brister Papers (bulk 1945-1965) contain printed material, photographs, artifacts, scrapbooks, and an oral history interview which document her twenty-year career in the army.
Marcelle K. Fischer served in the WAC from 1942-1945.
The Marcelle Fischer Papers (bulk 1942-1946) contains artifacts, correspondence, instructional materials, military papers, newspaper clippings, and photographs which primarily document Fischer's military service.
Norma L. Harris (1918-1988) of San Francisco, California, served as a staff sergeant in the WAC (Women's Army Corps) from 1943 to 1948.
The collection contains military papers, pins and patches, programs, newsletters and newspapers from the areas where Harris served, and WAC songbooks.
Barbara A. Wolfe Kucharczyk of Florida served in the U.S. Air Force from 1976 to 1998.
The Kucharczyk Papers primarily date 1977 to 1998 and cincludes March 2003 and April 2019 oral history transcripts, photographs and photograph albums, military papers and records, clippings, programs, writings, yearbooks, awards, artifacts, uniform and uniform accessories, insignia, ribbons, badges, and medals, which document her career in the U.S. Air Force.
Clara Releder Fredere Sullivan, a North Carolina native, served as a nurse with the U.S. Army during World War I.
This collection contains an album of photographs taken during Clara's time in the Army Nurse Corps, a copy of handwritten reminiscences, a copy of her certificate of identity from the War Department, and a medical kit.
- Women in war 6
- United States. Army--Women 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 4
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Military life 3
- Women soldiers -- United States 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Military life 2
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Interviews 2
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 2
- Brister, Jane Gail -- Interviews 1
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 1
- Kucharczyk, Barbara A. -- Interviews 1
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 1
- New Guinea -- Description and travel 1
- Philippines -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 1
- United States--History--1945- 1
- United States. Air Force -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army -- Women 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Interviews 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Alumni and alumnae -- Interviews 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro Alumni and alumnae 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 3
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps 2
- Brister, Jane Gail 1
- Brune, Rachel Ann 1
- Fischer, Marcelle K. 1