Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Charlesanna L. Fox of Asheboro, North Carolina, served in the Navy Library Service from 1942 to 1947.
The Charlesanna L. Fox Papers date 1942-1947 and 1999 and 2008, and contain correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, photographs, and oral history interview which document Fox's service as a librarian with the U.S. Navy.
Caroline Morrison Garrett (b. 1921) of Bethel, Connecticut, served as a dietitian in the Army Medical Corps from 1944 to 1947.
The collection contains correspondence, educational materials, military records, newspaper clippings, photographs, pins and patches, publications, scrapbooks and an oral history transcript from a 2008 oral history interview.
Maggie V. McPherson served in the American Red Cross, U.S. Army Service Clubs, and U.S. Air Force Service Clubs from 1942-1976.
The McPherson Papers date from 1942 to 1976 and contain correspondence, printed materials, photographs, a scrapbook, and artifacts which document McPherson's tenure in military service clubs from World War II through 1976.
Mary Elizabeth Partridge (1912-1989) of Mt. Airy, North Carolina, served as a recreation supervisor for the American Red Cross from 1943 to 1971.
The collection contains correspondence, maps, patches, photographs, newspaper clippings, programs, and official documents pertaining to Partridge's service in the Red Cross.
Mary Ellen West (b. 1922) of Dover, North Carolina, served in the U.S. Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service) from 1943 to 1946.
The Mary Ellen West Papers primarily date from 1943 to 1948 and contain papers, printed material, photographs, textiles, artifacts, and an oral history interview which document West's military service.
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 2
- Women sailors -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Dietitians 1
- Garrett, Caroline Morrison -- Interviews 1
- Librarians -- United States 1
- Nisbet, Judith Bullock -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army -- Medical care 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Interviews 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Military life 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve -- Uniforms 1
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Alumni and alumnae -- Interviews 1
- Women sailors -- United States -- Interviews 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- Fox, Charlesanna L. 1
- Garrett, Caroline Morrison 1
- McPherson, Maggie V. 1