Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Daphine Doster was a 1927 alumna of the North Carolina College for Women (now UNCG). She was later a nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II and afterwards at Johns Hopkins, Berea College, the University of Arkansas, and the US Public Health Service.
The Daphine Doster Papers date from 1909 to 1987 and contain biographical material, correspondence, newspaper clippings, nursing reports and studies, publications, slides, and speeches/presentations.
Annie Furman Parham graduated from The College for Women at Greensboro in 1942. That same year, she was hired as a clerk for the Guilford County Board of Commissioners. She was an Assistant County Manager when she retired in 1991.
The 1937 Insurance Survey for Guilford County Board of Commissioners that was donated by her and contains the insurance value of schools and building in Guilford County during that time.
Winifred Reid, Rebekah McClain Stroupe, and Eulalie Elliott Reid all attended UNCG in its earlier incarnations, the State Normal and Industrial School and the North Carolina College for Women. This collection includes a 1988 letter from Winifred Reid, a 1919 letter from Stroupe, and a 1928 letter from Reid, sharing their memories of the school.
Katherine Yoder Scharrer was a member of the graduating class of 1922 at the North Carolina College for Women (NCCW), now known as UNCG. This collection dates from 1923 to 1977 and primarily consists of correspondence to Scharrer from her husband Andrew (Andy) Scharrer and her mother Emily Manetta Asbury Yoder.
The Jane Eloise Helms Vance Papers contains materials used or created by Vance during her time as a student at the Woman's College of North Carolina (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro or UNCG) from 1962-1966.
The collection contains correspondence, educational materials, newspaper clippings and publications, and her diploma and certificates.
- Subject: North Carolina College for Women -- Alumni and Alumnae X
- North Carolina College for Women -- Alumni and Alumnae 6
- North Carolina College for Women -- Alumni and Alumnae -- Correspondence 2
- Coleman, Joseph W. Jr. 1
- Coleman, Margaret Elizabeth Reaves McGregor, 1909-1995 1
- North Carolina College for Women -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- North Carolina College for Women -- Students 1
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial School -- Alumni and alumnae -- Correspondence 1
- Nursing -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Public health nursing -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Reaves family 1
- Reaves, Edmund Hugh, 1878-1950 1
- Reaves, Emily Mae Moore, 1883-1971 1
- Reid, Eulalie Elliott -- Correspondence 1
- Reid, Winifred M. -- Correspondence 1
- Stroupe, Rebekah McClain -- Correspondence 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and Alumnae -- Correspondence 1
- Women and the military 1
- Women veterans -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Boyce, Westray Battle 1
- Coleman, Margaret Reaves 1
- Lovell, Janet Ann Swanson 1
- Mastroianni, Daphine Doster 1
- North Carolina College for Women. Class of 1919 1
- North Carolina College for Women. Class of 1922 1
- North Carolina College for Women. Class of 1927 1
- Parham, Annie Furman 1
- Reid, Eulalie Elliott 1
- Reid, Winifred M. 1
- Scharrer, Katherine Yoder 1
- Stroupe, Rebekah McClain 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1
- Vance, Jane Eloise Helms 1 ∧ less