Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Doris Wofford Armenaki of Cornelia, Ga., served in the Cadet Nurse Corps and the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Included are artifacts, an oral history interview, and a photograph documenting Armenaki's service and nursing experiences.
Mary J. Hill was a Union nurse who worked at the Fairfax Seminary Hospital in 1865, during the American Civil War.
Alice Doretta Lentz (1921-2009) was a nurse holding the rank of ensign in the United States Navy Nurse Corps during World War II, who was stationed at the U.S. Naval Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
This collection consists of personal letters written by Lentz to her family that describe her life as a nurse, her patients at the hospital, and her friends.
Margaret Catherine Moore (1913-1975) was a Woman's College alumna, nurse and nurse educator after whom the UNCG School of Nursing building is named. The Margaret Catherine Moore Papers date from 1913 to 1982 and contain biographical material, diplomas and degrees, a high school annual, photographs, Moore's thesis from New York University, and World War II materials.
Carrie Radnik of Montrose, Alabama, served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Collection includes oral history interview and photographs from Radnik's service with the Army Nurse Corps in Louisiana and in Australia and New Guinea in the early 1940s.
Lola H. Ryan of McGraw, New York, worked as an operating room nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.\n The collection contains approximately 120 letters and v-mail written by Lola Ryan to her parents and brother. Ryan discusses her experiences of being a nurse in basic training, the conditions in wartime France, German prisoners of war, her experiences as a wartime nurse, and her longing to return home and be discharged from the army.
Clara Releder Fredere Sullivan, a North Carolina native, served as a nurse with the U.S. Army during World War I.
This collection contains an album of photographs taken during Clara's time in the Army Nurse Corps, a copy of handwritten reminiscences, a copy of her certificate of identity from the War Department, and a medical kit.
- Subject: Military nursing -- United States X
- Women and the military 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 7
- United States. Army--Women 6
- Women in war 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 6
- Military nursing -- United States 5
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 5
- World War, 1939-1945 4
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 3
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 3
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 2
- United States. Army -- Nurses -- Interviews 2
- Women soldiers -- United States 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 2
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- Armenaki, Doris Wofford -- Interviews 1
- Forest Park High School (Baltimore, Md.) -- Students -- Yearbooks 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- Nurse administrators -- Virginia 1
- Nurses -- North Carolina 1
- Nursing schools -- North Carolina -- Greensboro -- Faculty 1
- Radnik, Carrie, 1942-2003 -- Interviews 1
- Teachers -- United States 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps -- Interviews 1
- United States. Navy--Women 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Faculty -- Interviews 1
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- France 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Europe 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 6
- Armenaki, Doris Wofford (1923-2013) 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell 1
- Hill, Mary J. 1
- Huheey, Anne 1