Showing Resources: 1 - 5 of 5
Paul Eliot Green (1894-1981) was a Southern playwright, poet, and novelist.
The Paul Eliot Green Papers date from 1917 to 1968 and contain diaries, manuscripts, publications, and correspondence.
The Greensboro Reader is an anthology of stories and poems by writers who either received a degree from or were full-time professors in the English Department of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro between 1938 and 1968.
The Greensboro Reader Collection dates from 1967 to 1968 and contains correspondence, manuscripts, proofs, and biographical material.
Lettie Hamlett Rogers (1917-1957), the child of missionaries, spent her girlhood in China and Japan, before attending Woman's College (now UNCG), where she later became a professor of creative writing. She published four novels in her lifetime.
The Lettie Hamlett Rogers Papers date from 1940 to 1957 and contain typed manuscripts of her works.
Allen Tate was an American poet, essayist, and social commentator. He served as Poet Laureate from 1943 to 1944.
Peter Hillsman Taylor (1917-1994) was a professor of creative writing and an acclaimed author, best known for his short stories published in the New Yorker and for the 1967 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel A Summons to Memphis.
- Subject: American literature -- 20th century X
- College teachers as authors -- 20th century 2
- Manuscripts, American -- North Carolina -- Greensboro 2
- Alumni publications 1
- American literature -- North Carolina -- Greensboro 1
- Authors, American -- Political and social views 1
- College teachers -- 20th century 1
- Green, Paul, 1894-1981 -- Diaries 1
- Southern States -- Fiction 1
- Southern States -- Intellectual life -- 20th century 1
- Southern States -- Social conditions -- 20th century 1
- Theater -- United States 1
- United States -- Civilization -- 20th century -- Literary collections 1
- Women authors, American -- North Carolina -- 20th century 1
- Women college teachers -- 20th century 1 + ∧ less
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 2
- Byrd, Clara Booth 1
- Daniels, Jonathan, 1902-1981 1
- Green, Paul Eliot, 1894-1981 1
- Rogers, Lettie Hamlett, 1917- 1