Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Jean M. Bright served with the American Red Cross in the South Pacific from 1944 to 1946.
YePapers, photographs, an oral history interview, and artifacts and textiles document Jean M. Bright's Red Cross service in New Guinea, Japan, and the Philippines during World War II.
Mary Emily Lapham (1860-1936) was a doctor known for her research with tuberculosis patients. During WWI, she traveled to Europe on a Red Cross Medical Mission.
The collection consists primarily of letters written by Mary Lapham during her time with the Red Cross. Also included are photographs, newspapers clippings, and miscellaneous materials relating to Dr. Lapham's time in Europe.
Harriet L. Leete served as a nurse for the American Red Cross during World War I. Her collection includes her personal journal from 1917 during her time as a nurse in France during World War I.
Eleanor Kellogg Peck (1908-1996) was a volunteer pediatrician at the Hospital for Sick Children on Great Ormond Street in London from 31 October 1941-1943, and later served as a contract surgeon for the U.S. Army's Eighth Air Force beginning in 1944.
This collection consists of fifteen letters written by Peck to her family beginning a few days after her arrival in London on 31 October 1941.
Paulette Pat Sweeney served in the American Red Cross from 1964-1966. During this time she spent thirteen months working in Supplemental Recreation Activities Overseas Programs throughout South Korea before spending a year working at Fort Dix, New Jersey.
- American Red Cross 4
- Women in war 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 2
- African American women -- History -- 20th century 1
- American Red Cross -- Interviews 1
- Bright, Jean Marie -- Interviews 1
- Czechoslovakia -- Description and travel 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University -- Alumni and alumnae -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro Alumni and alumnae 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- African Americans 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 2
- Bright, Jean Marie 1
- Lapham, Dr. Mary Emily 1
- Leete, Harriet L. 1
- Peck, Eleanor K. 1