Showing Resources: 1 - 5 of 5
Mary Haynsworth Mathews was born in Greenville, South Carolina, in 1916. She served with the American Red Cross in England, France, and Germany from 1942 to 1946. Included in this collection are an oral history and photographs.
The collection includes printed materials; including newsletters; booklets; yearbooks; and clippings especially from her time in Korea. Also, it includes 3 scrapbooks that document McPherson's Red Cross service, 1947-1959; additional scrapbook of club service at Double Five, Osan, Korea, 1959-1960.
The collection contains correspondence, maps, patches, photographs, newspaper clippings, programs, and official documents pertaining to Partridge's Red Cross service.
This collection consists of fifteen letters written by Peck to her family beginning a few days after her arrival in London, England, on 31 October 1941. The letters are addressed to "Poppy", which may be her father, and "Ros", which may be a nickname for her younger sister Rosamond, as well as her family. All fifteen letters describe the people and everyday life in London before she was commissioned by the Army, and discuss any news from the war and her family.
- Women in war 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 4
- American Red Cross -- Interviews 3
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Czechoslovakia -- Description and travel 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army--Women 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1 + ∧ less
- Lapham, Dr. Mary Emily 1
- Mathews, Mary Haynsworth 1
- McPherson, Maggie V. 1
- Partridge, Mary Elizabeth 1
- Peck, Eleanor K. 1