Mary Winifred Bushakra Letters
Scope and Contents
Two items are paragraphs only, clipped from letters, containing information about the marriage of her daughter and the birth of her grandchild and describing the Druse religion, a sect of Islam of which her husband Fouad was a member.
- 1952 - 1959
- Bushakra, Mary Winifred (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical or Historical Information
.02 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
These letters are from the author to her friends, and cover a wide variety of topics including living conditions, politics, women's rights, the weather and family news.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Mary Winifred Bushakra Letters
- archives staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- April 20, 2021: This finding aid underwent changes in Spring 2021 after a reparative archives review. The following link leads to the legacy version of this finding aid: http://library.uncg.edu/info/depts/scua/legacyFA/04.MSS120.legacy.pdf