Nancy E. Carter Family Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection also contains correspondence written to Mrs. Mildred Carter, primarily by her daughter, Peggy. Also included are letters from her brother, Rodney, and other family members between 1943 and 1964. These letters comment on the daily life of the Carter family, rather than on Nancy's life in the military. However, a few letters from 1942 do contain references to Nancy's decision to join the WAAC.
- 1942 - 1992
- Carter, Nancy E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
.80 Linear Feet (2 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
Correspondence written chiefly by Nancy E. Carter and various members of the Carter family document Carter's military service and the lives of her family members in California and Ohio from the 1940s to the 1960s.
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- Carter, Nancy E.
- Carter, Peggy
- France -- Description and travel
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxilliary Corps -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- Women in war
- Women veterans -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States
- Nancy E. Carter Family Collection
- Beverley Roberts
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note