Warren Henry Manning Drawings
Scope and Contents
A collection of 5 blue prints, 18 drawings, and 1 sepia print created by Warren Henry Manning from 1902-1920.
- 1902 - 1920
- Other: Date acquired: 1987
- Manning, Warren H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
24.00 items (5 blue prints, 18 drawings, and 1 sepia print.)
Language of Materials
A collection of 5 blue prints, 18 drawings, and 1 sepia print created by Warren Henry Manning from 1902-1920. Warren Henry Manning (1860-1938) was a landscape designer, landscape architect, and regional planner from Reading Massachusetts. From 1901 to 1921, Manning corresponded and consulted with Presidents Charles D. McIver and Julius I. Foust about the landscape plans for the campus. He was named the official landscape architect of the college in 1909.
Collection is arranged according to size, with the smallest materials located in Cabinet 3, oversize map case, drawer 1, and larger materials located in tubing unit storage.
Method of Acquisition
Transferred by Carolyn Owen, Physical Plant, 1987.
Offensive Language Statement
The UNC Greensboro University Libraries collects, preserves, and makes accessible unique and historical materials for learning and research. The nature of historical materials is such that some material may represent positions, norms, and values that are offensive and objectionable. These materials represent the opinions and actions of their creators. By providing access to these records in our reading room and through our digital collections, we recognize that archives and rare books can play a vital role in holding those creators accountable and in helping us learn from the past.
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
Processed by Hermann Trojanowski
- Campus planning -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Landscape architectural drawing -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Landscape design -- North Carolina -- Greensboro
- Manning, Warren H.
- North Carolina College for Women -- Buildings
- North Carolina College for Women -- Designs and plans
- North Carolina College for Women -- Planning
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial College -- Buildings
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial College -- Designs and plans
- North Carolina State Normal and Industrial College -- Planning
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Greensboro -- Planning
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Buildings
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Designs and plans
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Planning
- Warren Henry Manning Drawings
- Hermann Trojanowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note