Chancellor's Cabinet Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains minutes and working papers for the Chancellor's Cabinet, 1949-2004.
- 1949 - 2004
- Other: Majority of material found within 1979 - 2004
- Chancellor's Cabinet (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
3.75 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
The Chancellor's Cabinet consisted of top administrators from the various units on campus who met periodically with the Chancellor to discuss campus concerns. This collection contains minutes and working papers for the Chancellor's Cabinet, 1949-2004.
Method of Acquisition
Records from 1957-1960 were maintained by Mereb Mossman in the Academic Affairs Office. Minutes of meetings held during Chancellor Ferguson's tenure have not been located. However, the collection contains hand-written notes by Vice Chancellor Jones for 1976-1979. The minutes beginning with August, 1979, were taken from Chancellor Moran's papers.
Offensive Language Statement
The UNC Greensboro University Libraries collects, preserves, and makes accessible unique and historical materials for learning and research. The nature of historical materials is such that some material may represent positions, norms, and values that are offensive and objectionable. These materials represent the opinions and actions of their creators. By providing access to these records in our reading room and through our digital collections, we recognize that archives and rare books can play a vital role in holding those creators accountable and in helping us learn from the past.
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
Processed by Sean A. Mulligan
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Administration
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Administration
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Chancellor
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Chancellor's Cabinet
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Administration
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina. Chancellor
- Chancellor's Cabinet Records
- Erin Lawrimore
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note