The Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses Records
Scope and Contents
Many records in this group were created while Mrs. McIver was Field Secretary for the Association. She corresponded with leaders in public education throughout North Carolina regarding efforts to improve school buildings. Many of the letters deal with her appearance before particular groups. Also, some records have been added over the years as they would appear in various places on the UNCG campus, and several of the items are copies from originals in the North Carolina Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- 1902-1916, 1944
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Sensitive Materials Statement.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Association is described in an article entitled "Alumnae for School Betterment" in the Spring 1972 Alumni News.
1.60 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Offensive Language Statement
Our finding aids and other collection descriptions may occasionally re-use language provided by creators or former holders of the materials, but we strive to place outdated or offensive terminology in context. That said, we recognize that we may not always make the right decision and welcome feedback from all sources so we can learn and adjust our practices. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problematic language in our finding aids or other collection description. We will review the language and, as appropriate, update it in a way that balances preservation of the original context with our ongoing commitment to describing materials with respectful and inclusive language.
- McIver, Charles Duncan
- North Carolina Congress of Parents and Teachers
- Public schools -- North Carolina
- School buildings -- North Carolina
- School facilities -- North Carolina
- School improvement programs -- North Carolina
- Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses in North Carolina
- Women -- North Carolina -- Societies and clubs -- History
- Women in education -- North Carolina
- The Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses Records
- Archives staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note