United States. Army Nurse Corps
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Doris Wofford Armenaki of Cornelia, Ga., served in the Cadet Nurse Corps and the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Included are artifacts, an oral history interview, and a photograph documenting Armenaki's service and nursing experiences.
Margaret Catherine Moore (1913-1975) was a Woman's College alumna, nurse and nurse educator after whom the UNCG School of Nursing building is named. The Margaret Catherine Moore Papers date from 1913 to 1982 and contain biographical material, diplomas and degrees, a high school annual, photographs, Moore's thesis from New York University, and World War II materials.
Lola H. Ryan of McGraw, New York, worked as an operating room nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.\n The collection contains approximately 120 letters and v-mail written by Lola Ryan to her parents and brother. Ryan discusses her experiences of being a nurse in basic training, the conditions in wartime France, German prisoners of war, her experiences as a wartime nurse, and her longing to return home and be discharged from the army.
Clara Releder Fredere Sullivan, a North Carolina native, served as a nurse with the U.S. Army during World War I.
This collection contains an album of photographs taken during Clara's time in the Army Nurse Corps, a copy of handwritten reminiscences, a copy of her certificate of identity from the War Department, and a medical kit.
Frances Jane Stanley Trembath (1915-?) was a First Lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps from 1942-1945.
This collection consists primarily of military and miscellaneous documents from 1942-1946; there are also photos of Trembath, her nursing colleagues, hospital buildings, and waterfalls. There is one handwritten, unsigned letter from the Western Marine Railway company, asking for a travel refund.
Aileen D. White served in the Army Nurse Corps in Italy during World War II.
Thirteen V-Mail letters from Lt. Aileen D. White of the Army Nurse Corps to her sister in Robbinsville, New Jersey. Dated from January 1944 to March 1944, the letters briefly describe living conditions and entertainment in an unknown location in Italy where White was stationed with the 17th General Hospital.
- Subject: Women veterans -- United States X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 9
- Women and the military 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 8
- United States. Army--Women 7
- Women in war 6
- World War, 1939-1945 5
- Military nursing -- United States 3
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 3
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 2
- Women soldiers -- United States 2
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 2
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- Armenaki, Doris Wofford -- Interviews 1
- Forest Park High School (Baltimore, Md.) -- Students -- Yearbooks 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 1
- Nurse administrators -- Virginia 1
- Nurses -- North Carolina 1
- Nursing schools -- North Carolina -- Greensboro -- Faculty 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Participation, Female 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Women -- United States 1
- Teachers -- United States 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army -- Nurses -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps -- Interviews 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro -- Faculty -- Interviews 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, Female 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Women 1
- Woman's College of the University of North Carolina -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (U.S.) 1
- Women sailors -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Europe 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1 ∧ less