United States. Army Nurse Corps
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Lola H. Ryan of McGraw, New York, worked as an operating room nurse in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.\n The collection contains approximately 120 letters and v-mail written by Lola Ryan to her parents and brother. Ryan discusses her experiences of being a nurse in basic training, the conditions in wartime France, German prisoners of war, her experiences as a wartime nurse, and her longing to return home and be discharged from the army.
Clara Releder Fredere Sullivan, a North Carolina native, served as a nurse with the U.S. Army during World War I.
This collection contains an album of photographs taken during Clara's time in the Army Nurse Corps, a copy of handwritten reminiscences, a copy of her certificate of identity from the War Department, and a medical kit.
Frances Jane Stanley Trembath (1915-?) was a First Lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps from 1942-1945.
This collection consists primarily of military and miscellaneous documents from 1942-1946; there are also photos of Trembath, her nursing colleagues, hospital buildings, and waterfalls. There is one handwritten, unsigned letter from the Western Marine Railway company, asking for a travel refund.
Aileen D. White served in the Army Nurse Corps in Italy during World War II.
Thirteen V-Mail letters from Lt. Aileen D. White of the Army Nurse Corps to her sister in Robbinsville, New Jersey. Dated from January 1944 to March 1944, the letters briefly describe living conditions and entertainment in an unknown location in Italy where White was stationed with the 17th General Hospital.
- Subject: United States. Army--Women X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 6
- World War, 1939-1945 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States 5
- Women in war 4
- Military nursing -- United States 2
- Military nursing -- United States -- 20th century 2
- African American soldiers -- Interviews 1
- African American women -- Interviews 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Hicks, Mattie Donnell -- Interviews 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, Female 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Women -- United States 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Interviews 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps -- Military life 1
- Women soldiers -- United States 1
- Women veterans -- United States -- Interviews 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1 ∧ less